This family-owned local toy and hobby store is every little and big kid's dream. It originally opened in St. Clair Shores as Whistle Stop Hobbies and Trains in 1969 and now carries an array of toys in addition to hobby and train items. Inside of its front door, there's a bulletin board filled with community news and event postings. Its turnstile entrance leads into well-marked and organized aisles of toys, games and puzzles for children of all ages. An expansive collection of toy and collectible trains are located along the store's back and side walls. Free gift wrap is available while you wait and online shopping is available on its website.
- Fax: No
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 10am - 8pm; Sun, noon - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking spaces available
- Founding Date: September 1970
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check
- Products: Hobbies, trains, toys, games, arts and crafts activities, educational items, puzzles, books, collectible items for children of all ages
- Services: Gift wrapping, Shipping
- Return policy: Full refund within 10 days with receipt; exchange or store credit only after 10 days with receipt
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- What is the most popular toy or game ever sold at the store?: Webkinz were one of the biggest crazes, along with Beanie Babies. Stomp rockets are consistent top-sellers.
- Toy and game brands: Alex, Melissa & Doug, K'NEX, Lego, Playmobil, Thomas, Webkinz, Calico Critter dollhouses, Breyer horses, Bruder trucks, Madame Alexander dolls, Groovy Girls, Thomas the Tank by Learning Curve, Lionel, LGB train items