St. Clair Shores Community Chorus
The St. Clair Shores Community Chorus provides a place for those who love to sing, and lends its musical stylings to various community and charitable events, including the annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony. The Chorus also holds annual Christmas and spring concerts that are open to the public. Rehearsals are held at the Triumphant Cross Lutheran Church, and the Chorus is always looking for new members. No audition required.
- Hours: Rehearsals are typically Mondays at 7:30pm, but are subject to change seasonally. Please contact or check the website for more information.
- Founding Date: The St. Clair Shores Community Chorus, founded in November of 1962, celebrates their 50th Anniversary this year.
- What makes this community special?: Music Education is important to the Chorus. Every spring the chorus awards monetary scholarships to students of music. Applicants are chosen from the graduating class of surrounding public and private schools. Visit the website for more information.
- Ticket information: Tickets are available at the door the night of the event. Children five years of age and younger are admitted free. Visit the website for actual ticket prices for specific events.
- Which performer or group that has visited the venue is the most interesting or memorable?: The chorus performs all types of specialty music; from holiday classics to Broadway and Hollywood show tunes to Motown favorites. Special guests have included performances by the Scholarship Winners, as well as SCS Little Miss and SCS Teen Miss.