Gilbert's Hardware is an old-fashioned hardware store with a wide selection of items for both the do-it-yourself type and contractor. The knowledgeable staff takes time to answer customer's questions and will demonstrate how to complete some projects. Blair Gilbert, owner, also posts home repair and maintenance columns on the store's website, www.mrhardware.com.
- Fax: 586-776-3890
- Hours: Summer; Mon - Thu, 8am - 7pm; Winter closed @ 6pm Mon - Sat Fri, Sat, 8am - 6pm; Sun, 10am - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: There is ramp access to the building.
- Founding Date: 1949
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Just about every home repair part you can imagine, and the advice to use! Valspar and Martin Senour paint, Wooster brushes Every plumbing product possible, Window, screen and thermopane repair.
- Services: Gift certificates, Repair, Shipping
- Return policy: Each and every product sold at Gilbert's is guaranteed to perform to our expectations, in excess of guarantee from manufacturer. Some bulk products and destroyed packaging on non defective products are subject to a restocking charge.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- What makes this community special?: St. Clair Shores is a family and community oriented city. It is the friendship of 99.9% of our customers that make our jobs fun.
- What tips would you give to new gardeners?: Use less poisons, compost and aerate to improve clay on lawn, raise grade of flowerbeds around the home to repel water and keep basement dry.
- Keys made: Yes
- Hardware brands: All brands, we are not a franchise that dictates our products. We sell the best products that we would use ourselves.
- What's an important safety tip to keep in mind when working?: Safety glasses are inexpensive and protect a very valuable sense.