It's hard to miss George's Discount Auto Parts with its name painted in big, red letters painted on the side of its bright white building. For good measure, an eye-catching blue awning also beckons customers from this busy commercial stretch of Greater Mack Ave.
George's Discount Auto Parts is a place where gearheads and drivers who know little more than how to fill the tank with gas can feel right at home. Boaters and snow plowers turn to George's for parts and service as well. Besides selling parts, George's offers services such as battery testing, drum turning and a machine shop.
Owner George Takla or one of his employees take care of customers--and often at lower prices.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 7pm; Sat, 8am - 5pm; Sun, 10am - 2pm
- Handicap Accessible: Flat parking lot into flat entry door
- Founding Date: 1982
- What makes this community special?: We're small businesses and we can buy and do anything locally.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Virtually every part needed for an auto, boat, heavy truck or snowplow repair.
- Parking: Free lot
- Brands (automotive parts & accessories): All major brands
- Vehicle types: ATVs, Cars, Jet skis, Motorcycles, Scooters, Trucks
- Parts: Battery, Brakes & traction control, Cooling & heating, Drivetrain, Electrical & lighting, Emission control, Engine, Fuel delivery, Ignition, Interior, Performance, Powertrain, Routine maintenance, Suspension & steering, Tools
- Accessories: Apparel, Appearance and Personalization, Car Care, Electrical and Lighting, Oil and Fluid, Sealants and Adhesives, Security and Horn, Towing and Tie Down
- What is the most common tip you give to drivers to avoid repair?: To keep up regular maintenance. On our counter we have reminders of what to do every three months, every six months, every 12 months...