The market - which will feature Michigan-made products, food, music and charity hockey game - is also a fundraiser for the senior meal program. Additionally, home-made pies, made with hand-peeled Michigan apples and cooked in the Michigan prepared pie shell from Achatz Pie Company, will also be sold during the event.
"We would like to get people to come out and buy local," Sue Fickau, senior center coordinator, wrote in an email. "Support our fellow Michiganders!"
Some of the local vendors who are signed up for the market include and will be selling their wares include:
- Bellaroma, a natural skin care boutique, which has been featured in the primetime Emmy Awards, and is currently up for nomination from Martha Stewarts American Made Choice awards.
- Toothy Toys which offers hand-made dog and cat accessories such as collars, pet beds, blankets and halters.
- Old World Gluten Free, LLC, which features gluten-free perogis.
- Other locally-made products include all-natural dog treats, honey products, bird feeders, shortbread cookies, jewelry, chocolate, smoothies, salsa, and pickled foods.
Entertainment during the weekend includes:
Friday, September 20:
- 1 - 3 p.m. My Friendz Band
- 4 - 8 p.m. Motor City Mix with Marvin Ruffin (Motown and Top 40 music)
Saturday, September 21
- Noon - 2:30 pm The Pro’s Band (Swing, Big Band and rock arrangements)
- 4:30 - 7:30 p.m. Legend the Band (50’s and 60’s rock and roll band)
Members of the St. Clair Shores police and fire departments will take on Team GTJ in a a charity hockey game at Civic Arena. Proceeds from the game will be benefit the Senior Center for Active Adult’s meal program. Tickets for the game at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 21 are $10 and available at the center.