Families, local school officials, local and county elected officials came together Wednesday to honor, and celebrate, students and volunteers at the Optimist Club of St. Clair Shores annual at .
Club officials said 230 people attended the banquet which honored:
- Kathy Tisdale, a special education teacher who formed an after-school recycling club four years ago. Called “The Green Team,” Tisdale and her students have recently earned the Evergreen” distinction from the State of Michigan,
- Duane Michno, a longtime St. Clair Shores volunteer who worked to save the city's fireworks display,
- Marissa Cowans, who was named Miss Michigan Outstanding Teen 2011,
- Frieda Ogden, who has been a member of the Goodfellows for nearly 50,
- Mark O’Brien, of , who is matching scholarship funds offered by the Optimist Club of St. Clair Shores.
In addition to honoring students and members of the community, the banquet was a fundraiser for the club.