Macomb County residents went to the polls Tuesday and voted for familiar candidates Tuesday in the primaries.
- Incumbent Clerk/Register of Deeds Carmella Sabaugh defeated fellow Democrat Darcy Jakubowski in the primary. She will face Republican Debera Guenther, who did not have a primary opponent.
- In the race for Macomb County Sheriff, Republican Steve Thomas will take on incumbent Anthony Wickersham. Thomas defeated Kristi Dean, Bryan Ede, Roland Fraschetti and Todd Woodcox in the Republican primary. Wickersham held off a strong challenge from Greg Stone in the Democratic primary.
- Macomb County Treasurer Ted Wahby, a Democrat who ran unopposed in the primary, will face Republican Larry Rocca in November. Rocca narrowly defeated Erin Stahl in the Republican primary.
- Anthony Marrocco won the Democratic primary for Public Works Commissioner and will run opposed in November. Incumbent Marrocco defeated John H. Becker and Douglas Martz.
- Former Macomb County Prosecutor Carl Marlinga and Sandra Harrison will vie in November for Macomb Probate Judge position. They received the most votes in the five candidate field. They finished ahead of Gregory Mlynarek, Roxanne Canestrelli and Armand Velardo in the primary.
- There was no primary in the race for the prosecuting attorney. Democrat Eric Smith will face Republican Michael Wrathell in the general election.
All results are unofficial.