A number of redevelopment projects in vacant buildings are underway in St. Clair Shores.
These projects include a mix of renovations, relocations and new businesses throughout which have been announced by city officials and advertising on the buildings.
Among the developments in the city:
- Red Olive, 23975 Harper. A Greek restaurant will be moving into the former . No opening date has been announced for the family restaurant which has nine locations in Metro Detroit including , and Dearborn and Clawson.
- Sunoco, 23300 Harper. The gas station has new owners which remodeled the facility and recently reopened.
- Massage Green Spa, 21920 Greater Mack Ave. A local franchise of the national, environmentally-friendly spa will replace the former Happy's Pizza location. The building is currently being renovated. According to the chain's website, the spa is scheduled to open in October.
- Independent pharmacy, 25014 Little Mack Ave. An independent pharmacy is renovating the former Coffee Hut restaurant. No opening date has been announced.
- , 31016 Harper Avenue. City officials announced Dollar General will move from the current location on Little Mack to the Fruit Market on Harper.