St. Patrick's Day festivities in St. Clair Shores start early with breakfast and with the green beer flowing late into the night at bars and restaurants across St. Clair Shores.
Here is a sampling of events around town:
- The Ardmore Cafe will be featuring corned beef, lamb pie, ox soup and other Irish favorites along with green beer for St. Patrick's Day.
- : The doors open at 7 a.m. at Boat Works for a day of St. Patrick's bling that will be passed out hourly, corned beef sandwiches and corned beef dinners. Sat March 17th is St Patrick's Day.
- : Brownies is going green for St. Patrick's Day with specials including $9.99 corned beef and cabbage, $10.99 ruben pizza, $2 green beer, $4 Jameson shots and $6 leprechaun martinis.
- : Opens at 8:30 a.m. and will feature corned beef sandwiches, corned beef and cabbage and Irish stew. Bagpipers will also be performing.
- : Opens at 11:30 a.m. with specials including $1 green beer until 9 p.m., $3 Jameson shots, 16-ounce green Bud Light bottles for $3, corned beef dinners for $7 and $5 corned beef sandwiches.
- : Opens at 11 a.m. and will feature corned beef and cabbage, green beer and from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. the dancing leprechaun will be performing.
- : Opens at 7 a.m. with an Irish breakfast that includes corned beef hash. Music starts at 10 a.m., and includes a visit from 10 a.m. - noon by Heather Knox, Playboy's Miss January 2012. She will be judging a sexiest Irish costume contest with a chance to win tickets to an upcoming Red Wings game. The music continues until midnight, along with special Irish-themed menu and other specials throughout the day in the 40-foot by 100-foot tent constructed in the parking lot behind the pub.
- : The newly remodeled, and renamed, PB's Sports Grille (the former Pepper Bottom's) will open at 9 a.m. with $1 green beer pints and happy hour runs until 7 p.m. There will be a best dressed leprechaun costume contest and a lucky charm scavenger hunt with $100 grand prize. There will also be drink special, corned beef and cabbage, corned beef sliders and shepherds pie will be on the menu. A DJ will be spinning tunes starting at 1 p.m. and bagpipers will be making special appearances during the day. The party continues the day after St. Patrick's Day with a special $15 all-you-can drink bloody mary buffet.
- On St. Patrick's Day, Sports Channel will open at noon and have no cover charge. At 8 p.m. a Best O'Bikini contest starts, with a winner to be chosen at 10 p.m. The grand prize is a trip for two to Hawaii. Additionally there will be Irish food and drink specials throughout the day.
- : The newly remodeled Shores Inn opens at 7 a.m. with breakfast items including green eggs and ham, Irish French toast, $3 pints of green beer, shot specials, a band during the day and DJ at night.
- Don a bit o' green and celebrate the luck of the Irish this St. Patrick's Day at the Bruce Post. The hall is hosting a party from 5-11 p.m. that night, with the Charlie Taylor Band playing music to get you into the spirit, and food and beverage tickets will be available for purchase as well. Admission is $5 at the door.
Share your photos from St. Patrick's Day celebrations around the Shores on Patch.