It may be cold outside, but the Nautical Mile Merchants Association is looking forward to warmer weather and has released a preliminary calendar of events planned by businesses and organizations for the coming year.
Among the events planned:
- St Patrick's Day Party March 16 at Pat O'Brien's Tavern.
- Nautical Nibble Taste Fest May 2 at the Blossom Heath Inn.
- Pirates Ball May 3 at Blossom Heath Inn.
- Nautical Mile Open House & Fun Day May 4 along the Nautical Mile.
- A Change of Pace • A Retreat for Women Only May 18.
- Nautical Coast Clean-up May 19 starting at the Jefferson Yacht Club.
- Memorial Day St Clair Shores Parade on Jefferson May 26.
- Nautical Mile Blessing of the Fleet, Ceremony & Parade June 8-9.
- Monday Night Wahby Park Concert Series, July 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26.
- Venetian Festival July 18-21
- Thursday July 18: Car and Bike Cruise Night, on the Nautical Mile – Jefferson between 9 Mile and 10 Mile Roads.
- Friday and Saturday July 19-20: Casino Night Fundraiser at the Kolping Center proceeds to support “Wigs 4 Kids.”
- Saturday July 20: The Shores – Pointes Adventure Triathlon. The third annual kayak-bike-run event. The race begins at Blossom Heath Park.
- Saturday July 20: Dinghy Poker Run hosted by Nautical Yacht Club and Ray Fogg, Island Rock God Concert. Details of time and location to come.
- Sunday July 21: 8 a.m. Sunrise Service: Spirit Sharing at the Shore at the Jefferson Beach Gazebo