This holiday weekend, American Express is urging people to "shop small" and support local businesses on one of the busiest shopping weekends of the year.
The credit card company is offering a one-time $25 statement credit to shoppers who spend at least $25 at a small business after registering their credit card here. Any non-franchised locally owned shop qualifies if it accepts American Express.
Some of the offers for the campaign include:
- Annabelle's Antiques will be offering 25 percent off all teacups for the holiday season, 50 percent off the door of necklaces.
- Circare is offering 15 percent off everything in the store.
- Kitty Deluxe is giving $5 gift certificates with a $30 or more purchase. There will also be tiny chocolate chip cookies for shoppers, and a number of sales including:
-Kids Snoozies (soft slippers) regularly $10 will be $5
-Handmade aprons regularly $28 will be $18
-Ceramic piggy banks regularly $14 will be $8
- Lakeside Fishing Shop is offering 10 percent off everything in the store.
- Magic Touch Salon and Spa is offering 10 percent to 25 percent off all take-home items and receive a complimentary $5 gift certificate for every $50 worth of gift certificates purchased.
- Tim's Bike Shop is offering 15 percent off all in-stock bikes through November 25. There will also be closeout sales on all skateboards and skateboard accessories.
To find other businesses participating in Small Business Saturday, visit the American Express website.