The public portion of the kicks off Saturday in Detroit and we've got the scoop on what you need to know before you go.
More than 500 vehicles from exhibitors including hometown favorites General Motors, Ford and Chrysler, as well as more exotic auto manufacturers such as Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini and Tesla will be on display (see attached PDF for Cobo Center exhibit map).
For an in-depth sneak peek at the vehicles, check out the consumer guide over on The Detroit News' website.
"It's a show comparable to Geneva," said . "Don't take for granted that we have one of the best shows in the world right in our own back yard."
North American International Auto Show
- The show is open to the public from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. (no admittance after 9 p.m.) Saturday through Jan. 21 and from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. (no admittance after 6 p.m.) Jan. 22.
- Cobo Center, One Washington Blvd., Detroit, MI 48226
- Visitors will be able to get behind the wheel on the quarter-mile indoor Pure Michigan Ride and Drive Track.
- A variety of refreshments will be available at the Cobo Center's food court and restaurants.
- The Parade Company, which puts on America's Thanksgiving Parade each year in Detroit, will provide clowns and props for parades on the main show floor at 3:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. daily. (Only the 3:30 p.m. parade will be held Jan. 22.) Each parade will feature luxury automobiles and local TV, radio and sports personalities.
- The Detroit Tigers Winter Caravan – tentatively including Doug Fister, Jose Valverde, Brennan Boesch, Max Scherzer, Austin Jackson, Victor Martinez and broadcaster Rod Allen – will participate in the 3:30 p.m. Jan. 20 parade and follow up with a 4 p.m. question-and-answer session at the General Motors Chevy display.
- Adults: $12 per person
- E-tickets: $12 per person
- Any day pass, group ticket: $8 with a purchase of 30 tickets or more
- Seniors: $6 (65 and older)
- Children: $6 (7-12 years old; 6 and younger free with a parent or guardian)
- Public parking will be available from 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. at Joe Louis Arena, 900 West Jefferson; from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. on the Cobo Roof Deck, 625 W. Congress; and from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. in the Millennium Garage, 432 W. Congress.
- Parking can be pre-purchased using clickandpark.com.
- NAIAS patrons can opt to park elsewhere downtown and ride The Detroit People Mover to Cobo Center for 75 cents.