Amateur and professional dancers will have a chance to strut their stuff - and maybe be part of a viral video - during a planned Saturday's JuneFest at 9 Mile and Mack in St. Clair Shores.
The annual event traditionally showcases businesses in the 9 Mack Merchants Association along with local artists. This year Anna Casali, owner of, is organizing a flash mob set to "Starships" by Nicky Minaj.
"It is a great way to kick off JuneFest and should get people excited," Casali said. "We were trying to find a way to bring together more of the community and broaden who comes to JuneFest."
Other events planned for the JuneFest from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. include:
- Kids on Wheels Parade, gather at 10 a.m. at with the parade featuring strollers, bicycles and wagons starting at 10:30 a.m.,
- Chainsaw wood carver Jim Barnes demonstrations at 10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.,
- Mil Hurley, of "A Southern Gardener," will be at Circare between 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- On-going dance performances,
- Sidewalk sales and in-store promotions,
- More than 50 arts and crafts demonstrations,
- A made in Michigan food court featuring Morley's Candy Maker, Sander's, Achatz Pies, Faygo, maple syrup, Better Made and .