From car shows to skating competitions, a full slate of events are planned this weekend in St. Clair Shores.
The events scheduled include:
- Shores Autumn Classic Competition: Members of the will take the ice at for the last competition before regionals. Nearly 300 skaters from the United States, Italy, Canada and Greece are expected to compete in the classic which runs from today through Sunday. Admission is free.
- : A limited number of tickets are available for Wigs 4 Kids annual gala, "A Hair Affair," at the , which honors the kids served by charity during the event filled with food, entertainment - including appearance by reality stars Steve Wilkos and Seth Gold and celebrity cover singers - and a number of raffle and auction prizes. "It is just so heartwarming," said Maggie Varney, founder and CEO of Wigs 4 Kids, about the gala. Tickets are $75 for individuals, or $30 for Children 11 and under.
- : The 25th Annual Lac Ste. Claire Fine Art Fair at will be held 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. There will be 101 artists displaying works from a variety of mediums at the fair, which is a the largest fundraiser for the Miss St. Clair Shores Scholarship Pageant. In addition to the art, apple pies will be sold for $10, with proceeds benefiting the .
- The Chargers will play under the lights for the first time this weekend. The soccer teams will take to the field Friday under the lights. The JV football team will take the field at 6 p.m. Saturday, with the varsity game at 8 p.m. at the athletic field behind of the school.
- The Veteran Motor Car Club of America will hold their annual car show from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Sunday at. For more information about the show and swap meet, or to register, call (586) 293-1284.
- will hold their annual Family Fun Festival on 6 p.m. - 1 a.m. Friday, noon - 1 a.m. Saturday and noon to 10 p.m. Sunday, at the
Little Mack Campus. Kiddie rides; games, Vegas and entertainment tents; donut shop; and bingo are among the events planned for the festival.