Here are a few items to get your week started.
1. The National Weather Service is forecasting a 20 percent chance of showers with a high near 60. There will also be southwest winds between 7 and 10 miles per hour.
2. State Rep. Anthony Forlini will be hosting the Michigan Department of Environment for a at 3 p.m. today in the to discuss the findings of a report on muck found in Lake St. Clair.
3. The St. Clair Shores City Council meets at 7 p.m. tonight in . This will be the final meeting for Mayor Robert Hison and Councilman David Rubello. Items on the agenda include a request to purchase exercise equipment for the Civic Arena .
4. is hoping residents consider "recycling" items at one of their thrift stores this week in recognition of Planet Ark's Recycling Week.
5. Registration is underway for the inaugural Lake St. Clair Adult Pond Hockey Winter Classic Jan. 20-22. The city of , St. Clair Shores , Brownies Restaurant, and several other sponsors are organizing the event on Lake St. Clair along the . For more information, and to register, visit http://scsmi.net/PondHockey/Pondhockey.html.