The Optimist Club of St. Clair Shores will recognize and honor members of the community for their work on behalf of children during its annual Champions Banquet Wednesday, May 2, at the .
The club will be honoring:
- Kathy Tisdale, a special education teacher who formed an after-school recycling club four years ago. Called “The Green Team,” Tisdale and her students have recently earned the Evergreen” distinction from the State of Michigan,
- Duane Michno, a longtime St. Clair Shores volunteer who worked to save the city's fireworks display,
- Marissa Cowans, who was named Miss Michigan Outstanding Teen 2011,
- Frieda Ogden, who has been a member of the Goodfellows for nearly 50,
- Mark O’Brien, of , who is matching scholarship funds offered by the Optimist Club of St. Clair Shores.
The Champions Banquet begins at 6 p.m., with the buffet dinner starting at 7 p.m. There will also be an auction and raffle with proceeds benefiting the Optimist Club of St. Clair Shores scholarship awards program.
Ticket price will be $35 at the door.