The offerings include:
- Assumption's KALOSOMATICS exercise program's 11-week Winter Session began on Thursday, Jan. 9, and runs through Saturday, March 2, with on-going registration. KALOSOMATICS is a well-rounded program that incorporates aerobics, calisthenics, brisk walking, jogging, yoga, circuit-training, step aerobics, and kickboxing, with an emphasis on cardiovascular fitness. Taught by a team of dedicated, certified instructors who give personal attention to students of all levels, classes are offered for men and women, seniors, parents and tots, beginners and more advanced exercisers. New students may try any KALOSOMATICS class for free for one week. Free baby-sitting also is provided during 9-10 a.m. and 7-8 p.m. classes. See our class brochure for class days, times and prices at www.myassumption.org.
- Assumption also offers Yoga for individuals and an all-new FAMILYOGA class! Family yoga introduces children to yoga postures, and the discipline of breathing. Classes are designed for the whole family - moms, dads, grandmothers, grandfathers, aunts and uncles. This class is ideal for elementary and middle school-age kids. FAMILYOGA runs in six-week sessions on Tuesdays, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Regular Yoga runs on Wednesdays, 7-8 p.m.
- Those who prefer competitive sports can play Pickleball at Assumption. Pickleball is played on a badminton court with a perforated plastic ball and solid, composite paddles. Equipment is provided. Just come in at open court time where everyone is welcome! Courts are open to the public on Mondays and Wednesdays, 1-3 p.m. and Thursdays, 8:15-9:45 p.m.
- For those who want to lose inches and weight, Assumption and ACE fitness instructor/personal trainer Chad Demchik offers the all-new "Team Exercise: Lose Weight and Become the Slimmest Olympics Winner!" Teams of four meet for 30-minute classes three times per week for six weeks. Groups receive their own coach to motivate and keep safety in mind, as well as a meal plan. The team that loses the most inches and weight at the end of the session receives a cash prize. Classes run Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. Choose your time: 6-6:30 a.m., 6:30-7 a.m., 7-7:30 a.m. or 7:30-8 a.m.
- For athletes and the very-fit advanced exerciser, Assumption brings the all-new"Immortals Boot Camp," a high-intensity, full-body workout for those who want to build additional lean muscle mass while blasting away unwanted fat. Boot camp is run by a personal trainer and consists of one-hour classes that meet twice a week for six weeks at Assumption. Class is limited to 30 students.
For more details and to register for any of the above classes, see Assumption Cultural Center's winter brochure at www.myassumption.org, or call (586) 779-6111, ext. 4.
Information provided by Assumption Cultural Center.