Dozens of professional and amateur chili chefs brought gallons of their best creations Friday to the Lakeland Banquet Centre in St. Clair Shores for Chili Wars V.
The event is a fundraiser for Cops for Kids, the St. Clair Shores-based charity which provides toys and other items to needed families in St. Clair Shores at Christmas.
Event co-organizer Joe Evangelista released the winners in the annual event:
- Best Individual/Overall - Cherie Mascarello
- Best Red - Daren Heckman (1st time entrant)
- Best White - Jody Medvedik/Jesse Ortleib
- Best Non-Traditional - Cherie Mascarello
- Best Restaurant - Shores Inn
- Mayor's Choice - Tom Buckley (1st time entrant)
- Most Unusual Chili Name - St. Clair Shores Players
- Most Entertaining Team - Shores Inn
- Most Creative Serving Area - Renee Colasanti
- Best Dressed Team - Bacon Chicks (Cherie Mascarello)\
- Director's Choice - Monster Chuck Lyon
- People's Choice - Colleen's Irish Pub