Invite a friend
FIGHT CANCER AT RELAY FOR LIFE OF ST. CLAIR SHORES
AREA RESIDENTS USE HEARTS AND FEET TO FIGHT CANCER AT RELAY FOR LIFE OF ST. CLAIR SHORES
Walkers will go around the clock in the battle against cancer when the Fourteenth Annual American Cancer Society Relay for Life of St. Clair Shores gets underway with teams of residents gathering at Blossom Heath Park on June 8 at 12:00 p.m. This inspiring overnight event is family friendly and unites the entire community in celebrating those who have had cancer, remembering loved ones lost, and providing an opportunity to fight back against the disease. Relay for Life supports the Society’s mission to create a world with less cancer and more birthdays by helping people stay well, by helping people get well, by finding cures and by fighting back. Activities will include a Cancer Survivor Celebration and Victory Lap, a Luminaria Ceremony to honor and remember everyone touched by the disease, and a Fight Back Ceremony to empower our community members to take action against cancer.
WHEN: Friday, June 8, 12:00 p.m. – Saturday, June 9, 12:00 p.m.
- Survivor Registration, Friday 5-6 p.m. at the Survivor Tent
- Survivor Dinner, Friday 6 p.m. at the Survivor Tent
- Celebrate - The Survivors Lap and Ceremony, Friday 8 p.m. The Survivors Lap is an inspirational time when survivors are invited to circle the track together and help everyone celebrate the victories we’ve achieved over cancer. The Survivors Lap is an emotional example of how Relay participants are creating a world with more birthdays like those of each individual on the track.
- Remember - The Luminaria Ceremony, Friday 8:30-9:30 p.m. We honor people who have been touched by cancer and remember loved ones lost to the disease during the Luminaria Ceremony. Candles are lit inside bags filled with sand, each one bearing the name of a person touched by cancer, and participants often walk a lap in silence.
- Fight Back - The Fight Back Ceremony, Saturday 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. There is a Fight Back Ceremony where we make a personal commitment to save lives by taking up the fight against cancer.a Fight Back Ceremony to empower our community members to take action against cancer.
WHERE: Blossom Heath Park 24800 Jefferson Avenue St. Clair Shores, MI 48080 (3 blocks South of 10 Mile Rd.)
FREE PARKING! No parking is allowed at Blossom Heath Park, please use the parking available behind SCS Water Station at 9 Mile and Jefferson, SHUTTLES RUN TO THE PARK AND BACK THROUGHOUT THE EVENT!
CONTACT INFORMATION: Anyone interested in learning more about Relay for Life should contact Sandy Priskey at (586) 382-0977 or visit http://relay.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY12GL?fr_id=38722&pg=entry&sso_auth_token=45ef435f5dd527284f0b48e897c11289f6d1966f.14624301.22248989
|Where||Blossom Heath Park and Harbor 24800 Jefferson Ave, Saint Clair Shores, MI 48080 (FREE PARKING! No parking is allowed at Blossom Heath Park, please use the parking available behind SCS Water Station at 9 Mile and Jefferson, SHUTTLES RUN TO THE PARK AND BACK THROUGHOUT THE EVENT!)|
|Next on||This event is over.|
More About Blossom Heath Park and Harbor
Blossom Heath Park is located behind Blossom Heath Inn. The waterfront park features picnic areas, playscapes and a covered picnic shelter. Its beach is on a small man-made bay off Lake St. Clair.
Other events here
- Shores-Pointes Adventure Triathlon Sat, Jul 20, 7:00 am–10:00 am