Where Did You Meet Your Valentine? Readers Share Their Stories
Love is in the air this Valentine's Day and St. Clair Shores Patch readers shared how they met that special someone from chance encounters to long-time friendships.
This Valentine's Day readers of St. Clair Shores Patch shared their stories of how they met their Valentine on Patch's Facebook page. We are featuring some of the more unique stories in this post, but click here to see all of the stories.
- Thomas McVicar By a pool in Las Vegas 7 years ago.
- Elizabeth Ann A St Clair Shores staple (maybe not...), G Willies.
- Jennifer Stover 18 years ago I was a hostess at Mexican town restaurant and he was the bartender.. The rest is history:-)
- Sharon Wright Guswiler Wimbledon Tennis Court, SCS - a 'love love' match ever since! ha ha.
- April Salk: Met him the summer before my freshman year in HS at Memorial Park. His pick up line that snagged me? "enchanted to meet you". He's still enchanting me every day even after 22 years!!!!
- Carl M McMahan Under a pyramid at a Marching Band competion
- Maureen Donovan Camping in Pt Austin-even though we both live in SCS two miles away from each other.
- Elizabeth Clark At Metro Airport...9/19/1987...In Southwest gate area, me going to L.A. (as a Travel Agent), He was taking nephew (age eight) to Chicago for a Bears game and dinner to return that night. He lit my cigarette, the rest is history !
- Tami Campbell Robertson We grew up together from kindergarten until 3rd grade. Their family moved away and we didn't speak for almost 25 years. We happened upon each other again and couldn't be seperated.
- Jean Zaremba Koss St. Lucy's. He was in the folk group & I was in the choir!
- Matt Bee Gotta love romances that are established in our great city. I will echo Elizabeth Ann, since she is my Valentine, GWillies!
- Rosemary Brasch Mahan At Apple Annie I Was in the non smoking section with a group of single ladys, and he was in the smoking section. After dinner I wanted a a quick smoke but did not want to stand out side on Gratiot. He was in a big booth by himself, So I said do you mind If I sit just long enough to have a smoke, and He said not at all.. sick of eating by my self anyway. So after , I went back to my table, told all the ladys nice guy over there, I am not at all interested, but you all should go sit and I think you will like him. And they all did and he was in his glory LOL. p.s. I dont smoke anymore.
- Michelle Thomas-Lees Travis parking lot 10 & Harper at 3am LOL.
- Suzanne Krzyzak Gerth Pogo.com, I lived in the Shores and he lived in Anchorage, Alaska. I flew up to meet him 2 months after meeting online. We were engaged 2 days later and married less then 3 months later. We will celebrate 12 years in June.
- Rachel Harrida Koos Eastern Michigan University's nude drawing class.
- Colleen Freund We both used to work for Soulliere Landscaping and Garden Center!
- Philip Martin 17 years ago camping she was my parents friends daughters friend did you get that one lol.
- Frank Somerset On the phone! A wrong number!
- Laura Natzke Kmart parking lot at 9 Mile & Harper.
- Leshia Beals-Hotchkiss 15 yrs ago at Wild Woodys on Gratiot.
- Sue Goslee-Nesbitt 23 years ago at VFW-Bruce Post ! He danced his way into my heart!
- Cindy Tutor Elwood Bar and Grill, Tigers Opening Day 2008, he saw me on TV at 7am drinking a beer singing "take me out to the ballgame", then shortly after that we met via eharmony, he knew he had seen me somewhere before.