Weekend Road Construction on I-94 and I-696
If you are traveling north, or west, in Macomb County this weekend be aware that the Michigan Department of Transportation is planning weekend construction.
Motorists should be aware of lane and ramp closures in Macomb County this weekend and plan ahead:
- In Macomb County, the two left lanes of eastbound and westbound I-696 will be closed between Van Dyke Avenue and Groesbeck Highway from 10 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday for bridge work.
- The left lane westbound I-696 will be closed at Ryan Road from 9 p.m. Friday until 3 p.m. Sunday for barrier wall work.
In Macomb County, the following lane and ramp closures are scheduled on eastbound and westbound I-94 between 23 Mile and County Line roads:
- Eastbound I-94 exit to New Haven Road (M-19) will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Monday for construction. The posted detour uses 26 Mile Road.
- Westbound I-94 entrance ramp from New Haven Road will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Monday. A detour will be posted using 26 Mile Road.
- Eastbound I-94 will be reduced to a single lane from 23 Mile Road to County Line Road from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.