A number of redevelopment projects in vacant buildings are underway in St. Clair Shores.
These projects include a mix of renovations, relocations and new businesses throughout which have been announced by city officials and advertising on the buildings.
Among the developments in the city:
- Red Olive, 23975 Harper. A Greek restaurant will be moving into the former Blockbuster. No opening date has been announced for the family restaurant which has nine locations in Metro Detroit including Plymouth, Rochester and Dearborn and Clawson.
- Sunoco, 23300 Harper. The gas station has new owners which remodeled the facility and recently reopened.
- Massage Green Spa, 21920 Greater Mack Ave. A local franchise of the national, environmentally-friendly spa will replace the former Happy's Pizza location. The building is currently being renovated. According to the chain's website, the spa is scheduled to open in October.
- Independent pharmacy, 25014 Little Mack Ave. An independent pharmacy is renovating the former Coffee Hut restaurant. No opening date has been announced.
- Dollar General, 31016 Harper Avenue. City officials announced Dollar General will move from the current location on Little Mack to the vacant Manzella's Fruit Market on Harper.
See More on Patch
- ACO Hardware Closing 14 Stores, St. Clair Shores Locations to Remain Open
- Groundbreaking News for Buffalo Wild Wings in St. Clair Shores
- Take a Look Inside the New Tin Fish Restaurant
- City Council Approves Site Plan for Biggby and Subway
- If There is an Upset in the Tournament, Diners Can Get Crazy (Bread)