The cost of sending most letters and packages will jumped slightly Sunday when the U.S. Postal Service upped its rates to help cover the costs of delivering the mail.
Forever Stamps, the ones that remain good despite future postal rate increases, will increase to 46 cents.
Here's a rundown of price increases:
- Letters (1 oz.) — 1-cent increase to 46 cents
- Letters additional ounces — unchanged at 20 cents
- Letters to all international destinations (1 oz.) — $1.10
- Postcards — 1-cent increase to 33 cents
The USPS will also introduce a new First-Class Mail Global Forever Stamp. The stamp allows people to mail letters anywhere in the world for $1.10.
In addition, several new shipping services products will be available in January. Free tracking will be offered to all packages, including retail Priority Mail and Parcel Post.
Priority Mail rates also will see an increase. The new rates are as follows:
- Small box — $5.80
- Medium box — $12.35
- Large box — $16.85
- Large APO/FPO box — $14.85
- Regular envelope — $5.60
- Legal envelope — $5.75
- Padded envelope — $5.95
The St. Clair Shores Post Office is located at 23125 Greater Mack
See More on Patch
- Do You Support a Sales Tax for Online Purchases?
- Macomb County to Offer Free Paper Shredding, Medication Disposal for Seniors
- Paper Wait is Over: Shred It And Forget It at Freedom Hill on Tuesday
- Sequestration Budget Cuts: Where Do Federal Employees Work?
- MDOT Commits $17M to Resurface I-94 in St. Clair Shores