St. Joan and St. Isaac Head to Ford Field
The varsity football teams from St. Isaac Jogues and St. Joan of Arc will take the field Saturday at Ford Field as part of the Catholic League Prep Bowl.
Young men from two St. Clair Shores schools will have a unique football experience Saturday when they play at Ford Field as part of the Catholic League Prep Bowl.
"The kids are excited to play at Ford Field and be one of the best 10 teams in the CYO," said Don Pomaville, athletic director at St. Joan of Arc.
St. Joan of Arc will be playing in the first game at 8 a.m. against Garden City St. Raphael. They will be followed by St. Isaac Jogues against Livonia St. Edith at 8:25 a.m.
For St. Isaac, the game at Ford Field is something to celebrate. The football program was reinstated six years after more than a 20-year absence.
"This is a big accomplishment for such a young program," said Shawn Martin, head football coach. "(The kids) are really pumped."
If you go:
- Gates Open at 7:45 a.m.
- Tickets are $8 and available at Ford Field Gates A or G Saturday. Cash only will be accepted. Children 2 and under will be admitted for free.
- 8 a.m. – St. Joan of Arc vs. Garden City St. Raphael
- 8:25 a.m. - St. Isaac Jogues vs. Livonia St. Edith
- 10 a.m. – CYO Championship, Warren St. Anne vs. Bloomfield Hills St. Regis
- 1 p.m. – Wildcard Game, Ann Arbor Fr. Gabriel Richard vs. Pontiac Notre Dame Prep
- 4 p.m. – CD Division Championship Game, Detroit Loyola vs. Royal Oak Shrine
- 7 p.m. – AB Division Championship Game, Orchard Lake St. Mary’s Prep vs. Novi Detroit Catholic Central