St. Clair Shores Fireworks Display to be Set to Music
The St. Clair Shores Activities Committee has contracted with a company that will set the June 29 fireworks display to music.
The city and the St. Clair Shores Activities Committee contracted with Great Lakes Fireworks LLC to conduct the show and set it to music.
The music will be broadcast throughout the park and on a low-frequency radio station for those who are watching the display in the neighborhoods and on the water.
"We are excited," said Maureen Antushevich, chairwoman of the Activities Committee. "We had been hoping to do that for several years."
First State Bank will again be the title sponsor for the annual show, and the Activities Committee will be charging an admission to the park for the nearly 30-minute display to cover the cost of the fireworks and city services.
Admission will be $2 person. Entry wristbands are currently available in advance at the Parks and Recreation Department and June 15 at Village Market.
Show-goers will also have the opportunity to pay at the gate, and purchase $5 parking passes for the lot on Jefferson and Masonic.
Other events planned for the day include:
- Parking lot opens at 1 p.m.
- Veterans Memorial Park opens at 2 p.m., with music provided by Outrageous Jams until 4 p.m.
- The splash pad opens at 2 p.m., and will be open until dusk.
- Elite Entertainment will provide music from 5 p.m. until the fireworks.
Mastro's Ice Cream and National Coney Island will be selling items in the park.
- The Activities Committee will be selling glow bands and sticks as a fundraiser.
- Parking on Masonic between Jefferson and Greater Mack will not be allowed on the day of the fireworks.