Here are a few items to get your Friday started.
1. The early morning shoppers will encounter mostly cloudy skies according to the National Weather Service. As the day progresses, it will gradually become sunny with a high near 56. There will be a southwest wind between 10 and 17 miles per hours, with gusts as high as 22 miles per hour.
2. City and county offices, along with courts, will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday.
3. Trash collection will be delayed one day due to Thanksgiving.
4. Today is Black Friday, and why not shop the Shores? Business throughout the city will be offering their personal service with specials including refreshments and complimentary gift wrapping at Circare; $5 gift certificates for purchases over $30 at Kitty Deluxe and Tim's Bike Shop is discounting all in-stock bikes by 15 percent this Friday and Saturday. All other purchases will be discounted 10 percent.
5. In the mood for a parade? The Macomb County Santa Parade in Mount Clemens starts at 10 a.m. today on Main Street, starting at Church Street and proceed north through downtown toward Market Street. The Grosse Pointe Santa Claus Parade also starts at 10 a.m. at the corner of Lewiston and Kercheval in Grosse Pointe Farms, proceeds west on Kercheval through The Hill shopping district and arrives in The Village shopping district in the City of Grosse Pointe.