Schools Across the Shores Hold Open Houses
St. Joan of Arc will host an open house tonight, and the three districts in St. Clair Shores will be hosting open houses and kindergarten round ups in the coming weeks for prospective students.
Schools across St. Clair Shores will be opening their doors in the coming weeks to showcase their classrooms, faculty and offerings to prospective students.
St. Joan of Arc Catholic School will hold its annual Open House and Learning Fair celebration for preschool through 8th grade students from 6-8:30 p.m. tonight.
“St. Joan offers students and parents a well-rounded education in a spiritual setting,” said Principal Donald Ancypa, in a release. “We are proud of their accomplishments and believe we give them the tools they need to become significant contributors to society.”
Among the events planned for the evening:
- 6:30 p.m. Kindergarten "Snowmen Singers" in the gym
- 6:45 - 8 p.m. Forensics Demonstrations room 10 - 11
- 6:50 p.m. The Giving Tree play - room 202
- 7:00 - 7:45 p.m. Wax Museum in the gym
- 7:15 - 7:30 p.m. Promethean Board demonstration in room 203
- Green Team display room 209
- Preschool - Feeling Posters based on the book "Glad Monster, Sad Monster," room 107
- Kindergarten - Polar bears, penguins and special art display room 105
- Grade One - Polar habitats and winter fun rooms 205 and 207
- Grade Two - Geometric art, Creative writing landforms rooms 202, 204, 206
- Grade Three - Happy Birthday Michigan, masks, Chinese New Year, class quilts rooms 101, 102
- Grade Four - Ocean projects and reports, "This is Me" display, journals, rooms 6, 8, 9
- Grade Five - Solar system "lap books" and photo displays rooms 3 and 4
- Grade Six - Sphinx projects and legends, super scientists wall display, creative writing, Rooms 17 and 18
- Grade Seven - Student work, rooms 19 and 22
- Grade Eight - "Our Michigan Heroes," Immigrant scrapbooks rooms 21 and 25
- Library - Detroit Quilter's Guild Collection of storybook quilts
- Tutoring - Learning Games Room 7
St. Joan will also hold a kindergarten roundup at 8:30 a.m., or 6:30 p.m., Feb. 9.