Update: Redesigned St. Clair Shores Website Has Gone Live
After six months of work, the redesigned city of St. Clair Shores website is now live.
The website for the city of St. Clair Shores has received a makeover with increased information and connectivity for residents and users.
Improved information about city departments, programs and videos are among the improvements those who click on www.scsmi.net will find when the site goes live Feb. 1.
"We are excited about a new website coming to St. Clair Shores," Mayor Kip Walby said about the website redesigned by CivicPlus.
For nearly six months CivicPlus worked with members of the website committee, city officials, department heads and other city personnel to overhaul the city's website.
Among the enhancements to the site include:
- Every department head, or department employee, will serve as the webmaster for their site. Previously the information technology department added new information.
- The site will have the ability to live-stream City Council meetings and have 80 archived meetings and shows.
- A search function for information on the site.
- Department pages will have contact numbers and locations.
- Tabs with links to frequently visited locations on the site; information about local charities, organizations and city history; department links; along with residential and business pages to helpful information about living or working in St. Clair Shores.
- Action buttons to report a concern.
- Ability to notify users of changes on the site.
"This is a living site," said Mary Jane D'Herde, communications director. "We will always be making future enhancements."
Update: The redesigned site is now live as of 5:45 p.m. Thursday.