If you have cooked, baked, sauteed and barbecued zucchini every possible way this summer, here is one more delicious way to serve up your favorite vegetable.
This is one of my wife's favorite recipes. Get out your crockpot and add the following ingredients:
- Cut up 1 large, or 3 small, zucchinis into quarters
- Add 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- Saute 1/4 cup chopped onion in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and parsley
- Add 1 pound of ground chicken to the pan. Cook the chicken thoroughly
- If you prefer vegetarian fare, add one bag of veggie crumbles directly to the crockpot and skip the chicken
- Add 1 can tomato sauce or soup
- Add 1 can of diced tomatoes
- Cook in crockpot on high for 2 hours, then turn to low until the zucchini is at desired tenderness
- Serve with fresh chopped tomatoes
Enjoy your one pot meal. Store your leftovers in the refrigerator and you will have a few more delicious meals ready to eat.
Source: Cathe Cardenas