Readers Share Their Favorite Paczki Bakeries
Patch readers shared their favorite locations to purchase paczki for Fat Tuesday.
Fat Tuesday is the final day of gluttony for many Christians before Lent, and for those looking to splurge on calories, paczki are the traditional treats to enjoy.
Patch asked readers for their favorite locations to purchase the traditional Polish doughnuts, and here are their suggestions:
- Keith Hepting: Nino Salvaggio's, Apple is the best.
- Vince Napoli: I actually got a box from Kroger tonight and they're pretty good! Not Hamtramck bakery good, but not bad!
- Jayne Urbas Jones: Hamtramck, no place else!
- Heather Bates: None not just because of the calories, fat and carbs (my lord) but I don't like donuts or paczkis..but you all enjoy lol.
- Nanette Oddo: East Detroit Polish bakery! Can't wait! My dad was Sicilian, right off the boat, this was his favorite day of the year!
- Stan Bradychok: The best Paczkis I've ever eaten are from Donut Express at Nine Mile and Harper, big selection too.
- Jeff Schneider: Bommarito's are excellent. Especially the cannolli filled. Take it from someone who spent 12 years in Hamtramck Catholic schools. It's just a high priced jelly doughnut down there too.