The annual summer event celebrates business along Jefferson, and organizations throughout the city during the four-day event.
Throughout the weekend, bars and restaurants will have a variety of specials and musical performances. Marinas will also have transient wells for those who travel by water to Aquafest.
"Our mission is to promote the Nautical Mile, and the city, to all of southeast Michigan," said Donna Flaherty, president of the Nautical Mile Merchants Association, which organizes the annual event. "Cars, boats, restaurants, we have it all."
Events planned for Aquafest include:
- Thursday: Nautical Mile Car Cruise and Bike Night, benefiting Save Our South Channel Lights.
- Friday: Casino Night, benefiting Wigs 4 Kids
- Saturday: Shores-Pointes Triathlon, the kayak, running and biking competition returns for a second year.
- Saturday: Nautical Mile Treasures and Trinkets Sale, benefiting Wigs 4 Kids.
- Saturday: Casino Night, benefitting Wigs 4 Kids.
- Sunday: Sunday Sunrise Service