Football Night in the Shores: Where to Cheer on the Lions
When the Lions take the field Saturday night, bars and restaurants throughout St. Clair Shores will have a variety of specials for football fans.
Lions fans have been waiting for more than a decade for a game this big.
The Lions will be playing the Saints in New Orleans at 8 p.m. Saturday in the first round of the NFL playoffs.
While the game may be in the Big Easy, Shores residents can still get the vibe of being on Bourbon Street and join with their fellow fans of the Honolulu blue and silver at bars and restaurants throughout the city.
Here is a sampling of some parties in town:
- Fishbone's will have Theo "Gridiron" Spight - the ultimate fan who wears a Lions hardhat and jersey and sings the Lions fight song after every score at Ford Field. With every score, he'll be singing the Lions fight song at Fishbone's.
- Waves will have free Coneys and pizza at the bar.
- Brownies on the Lake is offering $2 domestic drafts, $3 shots of Patron, $3 Jaeger shots,and half pizza in the bar.
- Shores Inn will have $1 domestic pints and 45 cent wings.
- Pepper Bottom's has a large pizza and pitcher of beer, or nachos and a pitcher of beer, for $10.
- Coyote Station has a pizza and pitcher of beer special for $7 from 2 - 7 p.m. for the early playoff game, then will have a power hour between 11 p.m. and midnight with $1 domestic beers, $1 shots and $1 bombs.
- Sabby's Lounge will offer specials on Miller and Budweiser pitchers, and a bucket of beer for $12.
- G. Willies has $4 bombs, $6 pitchers of Budweiser, Bud Light and Labatt.
- Boat Works will be having a Honolulu blue and silver party.