Fiesta Finder: Cinco de Mayo Specials Around St. Clair Shores
Dinner specials, margaritas and lots of chips and salsa can be found around Macomb this Saturday. Here are a few places to get your fiesta on.
If you can't make it to south of the border this Saturday, restaurants around St. Clair Shores are planning food and drink specials to spice up Cinco de Mayo celebrations.
- Brownie's on the Lake: Drink specials and Mexican menu items will be featured.
- Coyote Station: $2 Coronas and Jose Cuervos, 50 cent tacos.
- PB's Sports Grille: $3 margaritas, $5 limearitas, 99 cent tacos and $3.25 Coronas and Dos Equis.
- Gilbert's Lodge: $3 Dos Equis, Corona and Corona Light.
- Colleen's Irish Pub: Special Mexican menu and music.
- Waves: Free appetizers at the bar.
- Rojo: Food specials and Cuervo drink specials.
- Shores Inn: Food specials and Dos Equis, Corona and Corona Light Specials.
- Fishbone's: Margarita specials.
Cinco a la carte
If you're not planning to stick around for the mariachi band, these cantinas offer quick bites to satisfy your Cinco de Mayo cravings.
So what exactly are we celebrating?
Cinco de Mayo—or the fifth of May—commemorates the Mexican army's 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War (1861-1867), according History.com.
While not a major holiday in Mexico, Cinco de Mayo has become a day on which Americans of Latin American descent celebrate their cultural heritage, much like those of Irish descent do on St. Patrick's Day.