Successful Detroit Boat Show Begins Final Weekend
The Detroit Boat Show in Cobo Center features a strong presence of Macomb County businesses and organizations.
Visitors to Detroit Boat Show at Cobo Center this weekend will find a number of Macomb County businesses.
The show features more than 100 exhibitors, including a number of marinas, boat dealers and marine accessory companies from Macomb County.
"It makes you feel like winter is almost over," said Chip Miller, owner of Miller Marina in St. Clair Shores. "(The Boat Show) is the start of our year."
Boating on Lake St. Clair has a $1.7 billion impact on Macomb County along with employing 5,700 people, according to the Macomb County Department of Planning and Economic Development.
“We are impressed by the number of people making decisions on boat purchases and where they are going to keep their boat while they are at the show,” said Steve Remias, President of MacRay Harbor, in a relase. “Slip reservations at marinas are on the rise.”
In addition to the boats, the show features:
- Jeremy Van Shoonhoven, a five-time National Champion Bike Trials rider, and a finalist on America's Got Talent!
- The Mountain Trout Pond, where anglers can catch and release from a pond stocked with 400 pounds of fighting fish.
- The Queen of the Show is a 45’ Sea Ray Sedan Bridge from Colony Marine of St. Clair Shores. The vessel is priced at $798,321.
Macomb County businesses at the show include:
- Belle Maer Harbor
- Colony Marine Sales & Service
- Emerald City Harbor
- Huron Clinton Metroparks
- Jefferson Beach Marina
- Jefferson Beach Yacht Sales
- Lake St. Clair Tourism Initiative
- Lands End Yacht Sales, Inc.
- Macomb County Sheriff Marine Division
- MacRay Harbor, Inc.
- McMachen Boating Center
- Mikes Marine Supply
- Nautical Mile Merchants Association
- Vinyl Graphix, Inc
About the Detroit Boat Show:
- The show runs through Feb. 19.
- Hours: 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. Sat and 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. Sun
- Admission is $12 for adults; children 12 and under are free with an adult.
- For more information visit www.detroitboatshow.net.