New Year's Eve and St. Clair Shores' venues are as natural a party duo as champagne and bubbles.
This year say toodles to a decade of "Auld Lang Syne" and usher in a new decade of family, friends and fun. As 2011 looms on the horizon, Patch.com has gathered all the gala information for you to choose your mode of celebration this Friday night.
Simply add cool threads, icy libations, danceable shoes and a designated driver. Whatever your flavor: cozy and casual or upscale and elegant, you'll find it at one of our city's festive fetes.
"For me, this year's New Year's Eve I want to let loose," says resident Donnis Szydlowski. "Fishbone's is having a DJ, a band and no cover. I already have my LBD (little black dress) picked out."
Jow Beauchamp is thinking some blues with his booze sounds like a plan.
"I'm a fan of Jimmy McCarty and Mystery Train," he said. "The Blue Goose Inn has him playing, so I can get my blues on. Kicked back and casual is my plan."
"It's amateurs night to me. I'm happy with karaoke and champagne," said Nick Richmond. "Anywhere the single ladies are, I'm in."
Listed below are venues and the details of their New Year's Eve parties, and all are for the 21 and over crowd:
- Andiamo: 9 p.m.–2 a.m. No cover, entertainment, favors, champagne toast. Limited dinner menu available.
- The Boat Works is open for regular business until 2 a.m.
- The Blue Goose Inn: 10 p.m.–4 a.m. $7 cover, live entertainment with Jimmy Mc Carty and Mystery Train, party favors.
- Colleen's Irish Pub: 9 p.m.–4 a.m. No cover, karaoke, champagne toast.
- Dayle's Sports Bar: 9 p.m.–2 a.m. No cover, DJ.
- Dockside Jack's: 9 p.m.–4 a.m. No cover, live entertainment with Jane Doe and DJ Kenny, buffet at midnight, favors and champagne toast.
- Fishbone's: 9 p.m.–4 a.m. No cover, live entertainment with the Dave Huff Trust, balloon drop, champagne toast, favors.
- Gilbert's Lounge open for regular business until 2 a.m.
- Harbor Lanes: 9–10:30 p.m. or 11 p.m.–1 a.m. $39 per lane for up to five people includes glow bowling, shoes, a large pizza, a large pitcher of pop or beer, favors.
- Pat O'Briens: 9 p.m.–4 a.m. $50 per person for open call bar, DJ, dancing, champagne toast, coney bar and a shuttle to and from Lake Shore Village condos.
- Plaid Rabbit: 9 p.m. –4 a.m. No cover, DJ, favors.
- Sabby's: 9 p.m.–2 a.m. No cover, favors and it's always a party.
- Shores Inn: 9 p.m.–4 a.m. No cover, DJ, Jager toast, door prizes.
- Waves: 10 p.m.–4 a.m. No cover, DJ, favors, champagne toast, specials throughout the night. Special dinner menu available.