Contest: Enter to Win Tickets to See the Detroit Symphony Orchestra in Grosse Pointe
Tell us what was your first concert and you could win 2 tickets to hear the DSO play in Grosse Pointe on April 27.
Editor's Note: We have a 4 more pairs of tickets available! The first five people to post their entry to this story by 9 p.m., Wednesday, April 25, will win a pair of tickets, according to the rules below.
The Detroit Symphony Orchestra is continuing its Neighborhood Concert Series in Grosse Pointe with a show April 27.
Patch has 25 pairs of tickets to give away to the show. Enter to win a pair by telling us in the comments below what was your first concert. Classical, rock, jazz — the genre doesn't matter. (No, you don't get bonus points for '80s hair bands. Sorry Whitesnake fans!)
The show at 8 p.m. April 27 is at First English Evangelical Lutheran Church in Grosse Pointe Woods. The program will feature works by Mozart and Britten. Elizabeth Schulze will conduct the Orchestra and DSO Acting Associate Concertmaster Hai-Xin Wu will be featured as a soloist in Mozart’s Violin Concerto No. 3. Tickets are $25 each and available here.
The first 25 people to comment by 9 p.m. Wednesday, April 25, will win!
Every contest has rules, and here are ours:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, submit your comment below telling what your first concert.
- All entries must be received by 12 p.m. ET April 25.
- Winners must return an email from Patch to claim their prize by 12 p.m. April 26.
- You may enter only once.
- Twenty five (25) winners total will be selected in a random drawing.
- Winners will be notified via the email address they used to register on Patch and must reply within 24 hours of notification with their name, address and phone number.
- Winners will receive two tickets to the 8 p.m. April 27 DSO show in Grosse Pointe Woods, valued at $25 per ticket.
- No contest would be complete without official rules. Check them out here.