City Council Recap: Police and Fire Millage to be on August Ballot, City Manager Search Firm Selected
Patch provides a recap of St. Clair Shores City Council actions during Monday's meeting.
St. Clair Shores City Council met Monday and took action on items including:
- Approved a resolution authorizing 2013 Capital Improvement Bonds for District Court Facility Project. Proceeds from the bonds will be used in the construction and furnishing of a new court building.
- Approved a site plan for the exterior renovations and small vestibule addition, to 25801 Jefferson, for Detroit’s Finest Coney (formerly the Harbor Master Restaurant). The architect stated there will also be extensive interior renovations with an estimated opening date in April or May.
- A resolution was approved to place the Police and Fire Millage Renewal on the August 6, 2013 City Primary Election Ballot. If approved, the city would continue to levy 2 mills for police and fire services for three years.
- Council selected the Mercer Group to conduct a national City Manager search.
- St. Clair Shores Mayor Kip Walby announced that the city will not pursue a rat bounty program.