Bars Plan for Pre-Thanksgiving Bashes
Bars and restaurants are ready for the busiest bar night of the year.
Colleges are letting out, planes are being disembarked.
Folks from all over are alighting on their hometowns for a feast with family in traditional Thanksgiving flavor.
But what about a toast before your roast? Wednesday is considered the biggest bar night of the year, and the nightspots and speakeasies in St. Clair Shores are gearing up to bring you a great night out with your friends before having to deal with the family.
"No one has to work or attend school on Thanksgiving day, giving folks the perfect opportunity to hit the town and yuck it up a bit," states Lou Columbo, proprietor of Pat O'Brien's on Jefferson. "And they know the next day will be spent on the couch watching football and eating. What better way to recuperate."
The bigger crowds mean extra everything for Pepper Bottom's.
"It's a crazy night for us. When 700 partiers pass through your doors in one night, it's best to be pre-prepared for the onslaught," Kelly Pendleton of Pepper Bottom's said. "We've got extra security, extra staff, extra beer, liquor and food; this isn't our first time at this rodeo. People want to dance and drink, so we give them what they want, from DJ Big Daddy to $1 drafts—it's on."
Either hot or haute, here's the haps on the happenings in the Shores this Thanksgiving eve.
All venues are open until 2 a.m.
- Andiamo Italia will have the band Midcrisis entertaining guests upstairs starting at 9 p.m. There is no cover charge.
- Pepper Bottom's has DJ Big Daddy for dance and party music starting at 9 p.m. From 11 a.m.-7 p.m. they will offer $1 draft beers, and are not charging a cover.
- Gilbert's Lodge will offer varying drink, beer and shot specials throughout the night. The jukebox will be available for play, as will Keno, and there is no cover.
- Coyote Station plans on bringing in their weekend DJ to hype up the party, and offer lots of shot specials through the night. It's an annual party for the venue that sponsors "Cops for Kids," so a $2 donation at the door is asked.
- Plaid Rabbit has a DJ scheduled for dancing and grooving, miscellaneous drink specials and no cover charge for the night.
- Fishbone's features the band Trivia Bomb starting at 10:30 in the main bar area, beads for everyone, and no cover.
- Dockside Jack's has 3 Sheets band ready to rock at 9 p.m., with no cover and assorted drink specials throughout the night.
- Waves will have a DJ spinning party tunes, no cover, and $1 draft beer featured.
- Pat O'Brien's will have $1 off drinks from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. and will also be open on Thanksgiving night and have the band Catfish Mafia on Friday and Saturday.
- Also ready for fun on Wednesday are Sabby's, Colleen's Irish Pub, Shores Inn, Blue Goose Inn, The Boat Works, Dayle's Tavern, G. Willies, Tudges Pub, and the Sports Channel.