St. Clair Shores Seeking Volunteers for Boards and Commissions
- Organization: City of St. Clair Shores
- Causes: Civic
- Contact person: Mary Kotowski
- Phone: (586) 447-3303
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: scsmi.net/govern/boards/boardscomm.htm
The City of St. Clair Shores is looking for civic minded individuals who want to volunteer and become part of a City Boards, Commissions and Committees.
Residents can do this by going to the City’s website www.scsmi.net then click on the - City government tab then boards and commissions.
This will bring up list of vacancies, their mission statements, and by clicking on the name of the board it brings to their information screen.
The openings include:
- Activities Committee (3 Regular)
- Beautification Commission (1 Regular)
- Board of Review (1 Regular)
- Communications Commission (2 Regular, 1 Alternate)
- Cultural Committee (1 Alternate)
- Development Area Citizens Council (7 – Must reside within TIFA district)
- Dog Park Committee (2 Regular)
- General Employee Pension Board (1 Citizen Rep)
- General Retirees Health Care Trust Board (1 Citizen Rep)
- Historical Commission (1 Regular)
- Housing Board of Appeals (4 Regular)
- Older Persons Advisory Committee (3 Regular)
- Parks & Recreation Commission (1 Regular)
- Planning Commission (1 Alternate)
- Police & Fire Pension & Health Care Trust (1)
- SCS Memorial Day Parade (1 Regular)
- TIFA/Brownfield Re-Development Authority (1 Regular)
- Water Resources Dev. & Advisory (1 Regular 1 Alternate)
- Waterfront Environmental Committee (1 Regular)
Residents can complete the application online, then click on the envelope icon and send a copy to the City Clerk at email@example.com and put your name in the subject line.
Those who are not computer savvy can call the City Clerk’s office (586) 447-3303 and a form will be mailed to residents.
The Council Sub Committee will meet in late September to meet with applicants.